We have a great team of psychologists at North Sydney, book any of our wonderful team. We have 5 locations with 20+ psychologists across Sydney and some of our psychologists can speak your language (if English is not your preferred language).
When you come to see us, rest assured cost has been considered and hence we have reduced our normal rate ($150 per session) to $120 for new clients. We also offer limited bulk-bill for new clients who are under financial distress with a valid Medicare Mental Health Care Plan.
How to obtain a Mental Health Care Plan?
- Visit or call (TeleHealth) your your general practitioner (GP) and discuss your psychological concerns.
- After a GP assessment, they will be able to provide you with a referral (Mental Health Care Plan) to us.
What is a Mental Health Care Plan?
- A Mental Health Care Plan provides you with an initial six sessions. After your sixth session you will be required to re-visit your GP to obtain an extra four sessions.
- Per calendar year you are able to access ten psychology sessions with a valid Mental Health Care Plan.
- After you have attended ten sessions, you can either access sessions through your private health fund or pay privately to continue therapy.
What happens if I don’t want to tell my doctor? or can’t get an appointment with a GP?
- You can come visit us and we’ll charge you our standard session fee $120 for new clients;
- You can claim back some of this cost from your Private Health insurance
What are the conditions for financial distress?
- Pensioner or Disability pension card holder; or
- Long-term unemployment
At North Sydney Psychology, there may be times where you experience financial difficulty, you can therefore discuss your treatment plan and fees with our practice manager Jerusha, or your individual Psychologist.
What happens during a psychology session?
For those of you who have not visited a psychologist previously, you might feel a little nervous about attending your first session.
When you arrive at North Sydney Psychology for your first session, you will be required to complete a consent and intake form. The psychologist may also require you to complete some brief assessments.
During the first few therapy sessions the psychologist will be assessing your case on an individual basis to provide you with the most evidence-based solution.